PLC (Power Line Communication) in recent years has developed very strongly in particular applications in the system to collect data of electronic meters remotely (AMR). This solution uses a centralized data collection device (DCU) to manage and collect electronic meter data in a substation, store temporary data and transfer data to AMR management server systems. DCU collects electronic meter data through PLC communication environment and transmits meter data to server system via data service (GPRS / 3G / 4G) of mobile service providers.
This solution is suitable for urban areas, residential areas with high density of electronic meters with many advantages: easy to set up the system, take advantage of existing grid infrastructure, reduce overhead costs. Initial investment and operating at low cost.
- PLC frequency : 125k Hz
- Transfer data to the server via 2G / 3G / 4G data network of mobile service providers in Vietnam
- Each DCU manages and collects data for 1 substation with an average number of meters 300 meters / station. DCU meter management capacity is up to over 1,000 meters.
- DCU is integrated with many types of electronic meter protocols. Data can be collected for multiple meter types in the same substation
- Average success rate of data collection: 98%
- Database management system: Oracle 11G, 12C
- Database backup mechanism: Oracle Data Guard
The main function of the system
- OTA function to update firmware and configure DCU remotely via TCP / IP
- Software is modularized, easy to expand, upgrade without affecting the system architecture.
- Meter data collected: Instantaneous power index, voltage, current, power. Daily latching power index (for some types of meters with latching function by day)
- Output calculation function
- Alarm function of meter events, operation warning about over voltage, abnormal index.
- Standard intranet and Ethernet, support TCP / IP protocol
- Friendly robot interface based on Microsoft Windows, easy to exploit data and operate
- Ready to communicate with other data systems (MDMS, CMIS, OMS …) according to IEC-61970 / IEC-61968 (CIM)
- Customers are supported to develop new features in accordance with business operation management requirements.
- Warranty service, maintenance and technical support 24/7