The RF solution is suitable for substations with floating lines and is particularly suitable for the characteristics of meters that are gathered at pylons on the transmission line. RF transmission requires open space and as few obstructions as possible, the location of the equipment should be far from the ground at a certain distance. Factors that do not have clear space and are heavily shielded by houses, trees and metal materials cause large signal attenuation, which reduces the quality of data collection. RF technology is not suitable for areas with underground lines, meters installed in iron cabinets placed close to the sidewalk, etc. In such areas, the choice of a PLC solution is optimal. PLC technology is suitable for synchronized electrical systems, with as little patching as possible.
Combining PLC and RF technologies in the same AMR system will help overcome the limitations of RF or PLC technology. This solution is applied in special cases so that the system adapts to the characteristics of the grid, the terrain, the terrain where RF or PLC technology itself has difficulty when used independently
The solution uses a combination of RF and PLC technologies in the same system to use a DCU integrated with both PLC and RF communication components. DCU (RF / PLC) manages electronic meters, collects meter data through RF or PLC communication environment and transmits meter data to server system via data service (GPRS / 3G / 4G) of mobile carrier.
- RF frequency: 408,925 MHz 50kHz bandwidth
- PLC frequency: 125kHz / 132kHz
- Transfer data to the server via 2G / 3G / 4G data network of mobile service providers in Vietnam
- Each DCU manages and collects data for 1 substation with an average number of meters 300 meters / station. DCU meter management capacity is up to over 1,000 meters.
- Communication between DCU and electronic meters via RF radio environment or PLC power line
- DCU is integrated with many types of electronic meter protocols. Data can be collected for multiple meter types in the same substation
- Average success rate of data collection: 98%
- Database management system: Oracle 11G, 12C
- Database backup mechanism: Oracle Data Guard
The main function of the system
- OTA function to update firmware and configure DCU remotely via TCP / IP
- Software is modularized, easy to expand, upgrade without affecting the system architecture.
- Meter data collected: Instantaneous power index, voltage, current, power. Daily latching power index (for some types of meters with latching function by day)
- Output calculation function
- Alarm function of meter events, operation warning about over voltage, abnormal index.
- Standard intranet and Ethernet, support TCP / IP protocol
- Friendly robot interface based on Microsoft Windows, easy to exploit data and operate
- Ready to communicate with other data systems (MDMS, CMIS, OMS …) according to IEC-61970 / IEC-61968 (CIM)
- Customers are supported to develop new features in accordance with business operation management requirements.
- Warranty service, maintenance and technical support 24/7